Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Miss Smarty Pants

I don't have much time, but I just had to share this conversation that I had with Ivy today:

I told her that she could either have a tiny piece of chocolate cake or a tiny piece of scotcharoo* if she ate a good lunch.  As I was fixing her lunch, I noticed that the Nutri Grain bar that I tried to give to Milo for lunch was still sitting on the counter, and in lieu of throwing it away, I said, "Hey, Ivy.  See if you like this.  Milo didn't finish it, and I don't want to waste it."  I think she could have spied the raspberry filling from a mile away (note: Ivy hates most to all fruits), and she immediately shook her head furiously and stepped back a few steps.  So I said, "Oh, come on.  Just try it."  More head shaking.  More steps back.  So I said with a smile, "Well, what if I said you can't have a piece of cake unless you try this?"  And she looked at me in complete seriousness and said, "Oh, then I want a scotcharoo instead, Mommy."

I love my children.

*We clearly have too many chocolate desserts in our house.  But it's a good bad problem to have, right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment