Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 3


This was what I woke up to this morning.  I feel as if these are the moments that will make everything okay.  (As opposed to now, when I'm trying to type this blog, and the peaceful looking baby pictured above is sitting next to me in his Bumbo chair, wailing at the top of his lungs for, as far as I can tell, no particular reason.)

Things are going well for everyone involved in my recent stay-at-home decision.  Spirits remain high, there are plenty of laughter, smiles, and kisses, and I've managed to at least make coffee every morning in my sad, little home coffee pot.  I'm not even remotely implying that things are perfect though.  I think it's just too new, and there's still a little bit of a honeymoon period that I'm definitely trying to embrace.

So far, here are a list of things that I've realized about staying at home with small children:

*there are a lot (actually, too many) encounters with poop.
*the gym becomes a place that, even if you already enjoyed it on some level, you now look forward to with eager anticipation.
*finding time to shower is extremely difficult.
*a drive-thru coffee shop that serves a good drink is something you might actually murder for (well, or maybe just drive an extra 15 miles....I don't know because I haven't found one yet).

Right now the bar is set at "is this (*insert given scenario*) worse than dealing with Coupon Lady (my arch enemy)?"  So far, nothing has remotely compared to that, so I continue to be 100% confident in my decision to close the biz and stay home with my children.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you'll ever find something that compares to dealing with the coupon lady... so that's a good comparison! Way to find a bright side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coupon lady. HAHAHA! Some days just are some days with being home. But all in all I wouldn't trade it for the world. God can show you those tiny moments in just a smile or laugh in a random moment. I've learned lately to laugh along with my girls, even if the moment doesn't seem funny or if I'm just all grumpy inside, it changes my spirit immediately, and then I thank Him for it.

    ReplyDelete