Tuesday, August 21, 2012

big day

It was shaping up to be a kind of rough morning, until this arrived...















I didn't even care that it took me over a half an hour to make a mocha (because I couldn't get the grind right on my old espresso machine and Milo woke up multiple times from his nap and Ivy went to the bathroom on the floor...).  I'm not sure that an iced white mocha has ever tasted so good.  Ever.

And, because I clearly have jacked up priorities, I also definitely need to mention that Max started Kindergarten today!!  Because he went to summer school, it didn't feel quite as momentous as I think it could have, but still, everyone was pretty excited about it.  He was adamant that I drop him off and not walk him inside.  I'm not going to lie, I've had multiple brief visions of me picking him up from school (p.s. I need to figure out what time school is over) and the teacher saying, "Max??  He never made it to the classroom today."  But the rational part of me, albeit small, knows that he found his way just fine.







Ivy, Milo, and I have a lunch date with Brian.  (Ivy actually requested Buffalo Wild Wings, which is an equal amount of adorable and mind-boggling.)  And now that my espresso machine is here and taking up 1/4 of my already ridiculously small (and horrifyingly ugly) counter top, I need to at some point today de-clutter the kitchen.  And maybe do some laundry.  I'll just have to see where the day takes my *two* little people and me.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a fancy expresso machine in your kitchen! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! and i kind of love that in 10 years you can say to ivy, "on max's very first day of school, you demanded to have lunch at buffalo wild wings." that girl's going to be sending a lot of good stories my way. i can feel it :)

    ReplyDelete